Genealogy & Local History
In addition to on-site research, our staff also provides long-distance research assistance for a nominal fee. The library also maintains an online photo database called “Marion Memories”.
Long-Distance Research Assistance
Members of the library staff can assist you with your research when you can’t make it to our facility. To best assist you, please adhere to our request policy:
- Requests must be made in print via US Postal Service or via email. However, payment is still required when requests are made via email.
- Include as much information as possible in regards to the individual(s) you are researching. The more details you provide, the better able we will be able to find information pertinent to your request.
- Please allow up to six (6) weeks for your request to be filled. We have a small staff, many of whom work part-time. Requests will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis as time permits for our staff. Please be assured, we want to help you and will fill your request as soon as humanly possible, but time constraints keep us from getting requests filled the day they come in.
- The library adheres to all applicable copyright laws.
- Requests that fall outside the scope of this service or that include insuffifient funds will be returned.
- In return for our research time, we ask for a nominal $5.00 stipend per request.
Please mail requests to:
Marion County Public Library
201 East Main Street
Lebanon, KY 40033
You may also contact our Reference and Genealogy Librarian Jama Watts or other staff members by phoning 270.692.4698. If you need help making plans to visit our facility or have questions regarding books or other items located in our collection, you may also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.